Thursday, September 18, 2008

Terapi lintah ( Leeches Therapy )

Assalamualaikum and Salam Ramadhan,
I hope all the Muslim blogger are being success in perform our forth and fifth of Rukun Islam.

My articles are regard to the leech’s therapy. Today, I found the leech’s therapy is good to remove unnecessary blood. Actually I'm the one who are looking for this treatment in order to gain a better blood circulation and reduce my headache. Through my findings, there are few SPA and massage center are provide this kind of therapy at Klang Valley and Shah Alam. The package are various from RM50 to RM200 per treatment. Its depend on how many of leeches being used. Commonly, it was RM10 per single of leeches.


When I back to my childhood at hometown Kuala Rompin Pahang, leeches easier being found at culvert next to my house. After school session, my brothers and I will be around the culvert to caught fighter fish namely "Ikan Sekilau" and leech’s is hanging everywhere. At that time, those leeches are priceless. I think, if I knew leeches is valuable and trade able in early stage I will become a success leech’s entrepreneur. But now when I back to my hometown, there were no longer easier to be found. They might be hidden somewhere since knowing that they are valuable.

From these articles, you can have your own reading on the few information of safety and adverse effect of leech’s therapy. Such as:

How much blood does a patient lose during the treatment?
Does a leech bite cause pain?
In which diseases can leeches help?
How can I accomplish the leech therapy?
Are there side effects?
Why is leech therapy used instead of other medical treatment?
What are the benefits of leech therapy?
Why do some people reject using leeches?

I can't comment yet since I haven't had experience of this therapy. But I'm on my way to enjoy this therapy or 'bekam' tomorrow evening at Banting. Just for improving of my blood quality and Insya'allah I will share my first experience in 'bekam' as well leeches therapy. I will share my experience in having ‘bekam lintah’ on my last articles.

My appointment for this bekam actually on tomorrow afternoon, but I’m questioning


Is bekam are forbidden on fasting day? Bloggers please answer me…

1 comment:

Sevene said...

Assalamualaikum, i just want to add some of my view on leech therapy. Leech therapy is a new phenomenon in our country now.

SPA and therapy centres especially in Klang Valley offerred leech treatment like mushroom, some of the places even offer cheap price less than RM10 per leeches.

In my view, the trend is more looking for money (to sell the leeches) instead curing people.

Indeed this method proven to cure or reduce certain of diseases.

I'm interested to experience this treatment. However, several questions in my mind make me think twice.

1. No clear clinical prosedure handling leech. No standard prosedure.No regulation. As now seem everbody or SPA doing this like no body rule.
2. The therapist or the theraphy centre can't explain on hygenic and clinical issues.
3. The process is not hygenic.
4. The leeches not cleaned in dirty water.
5. Some of the leeches said have been quarantined but who verified the leeches is clinical?
4. Leeches are live animals, maybe from the wound I would infected with bacteria during the treatment.

I'm willing to pay higher if the above concern can be resolve.

My advise is to be careful on the services offered. The price may look cheap but we have to look on the risk that we may encounter.

I'm not against the treatment, but we should put the health issues in front from others first.

I'm still looking therapy centres that can give the assurance.

For your question on bulan puasa, I have read articles from Indonesia that bekam is allowed during fasting month, in the paper also mentioned Rasullah also conducted bekam during fasting time. Maybe you should check this with appropriate person.


Thank you.